Tuesday, June 12, 2007

More from the riverbank and beyond










Walking along the riverbank every morning I can never be quite sure what I will see. A couple of days ago the family of Goosanders came as an unexpected but pleasant surprise and today I was greeted at the cauld by a family of Mallard ducklings including one bright yellow chick which looked more like a soft toy or something you might try to fish out of the water at the funfair! One sombre note however, these ducklings were rather small and there was a Heron at the other side of the cauld barely 20 yards away.


The Dipper remains an elusive bird whenever I have a camera with me though I see it often enough on other occasions. I had to settle for two Black-headed Gulls today instead.


The other photos were taken at a nearby private garden which is open to the public. The Nuthatch is a relative newcomer to this area, no doubt another indication of global warming.

No comments: