Saturday, April 7, 2007

Weekly Report












This has been a very quiet week in the garden. With the recent fine weather the birds are not coming to the feeders in their usual numbers and the sun flower hearts are now into their third day without needing topped up. Normally this feeder is completely empty every morning.

The Blue Tits are still visiting one of our boxes on a regular basis though I have seen little evidence of nest building. On the one occasion that I saw a bird with a load of moss in it's beak it managed to drop it and never made any attempt to retrieve the moss before going into the box.


I managed to capture a rare visit from a common House Sparrow which I'm afraid to say is one of the highlights of the week!

2 comments:

nicola said...

first blue tit, very nice detail

Ospreywatcher said...

I used the short lens for the window feeder shots from behind the glass. They are coming to feed on the fatty balls all the time now!