Sunday, December 30, 2007

Fantastic Experience








What a way to end 2007!

Returning from walking the dog today I decided to go to a spot where I had seen a Kingfisher on several previous occasions. As I reached the location the first thing I saw was the Kingfisher flying low above the water towards me. It landed on a tree branch on the opposite side of the river from me, a distance of around 15 yards.

For the next 20 minutes I stood transfixed as the bird dived into the water several times, returning with a small fish each time. It completely ignored me and a couple of other passers by as it sat patiently watching the water waiting for it's next catch.

Fortunately I had my digital compact TZ3 with super duper 280mm zoom lens with me and although the sky was very overcast and there wasn't a lot of light I did manage to get some half decent shots, certainly the best ones of the Kingfisher so far.

I will be returning to the same spot with my DSLR when we get some decent sunlight to try for some much better shots.

Incidentally I have changed the title of my blog to more truely reflect the subject content.

To anyone who may read this I would like to wish you a Happy New Year and best wishes for 2008.

No comments: