Thursday, January 3, 2008

Little Grebe



Finally managed to get a photo of a lone Dabchick which has been around for the past few weeks. Not an easy task as every time I got it in focus it decided to dive and then reappeared several yards away!

We saw the old year out with a brief visit to the garden by a small squadron of Long Tailed Tits which disappeared again before I had a chance to grab my camera. As their previous visit to the best of my knowledge was just after Christmas 2006 we are probably in for a long wait for them to visit again.

Today we had a decent fall of snow and I was able to identify a lone Brambling amongst the many Chaffs which gathered at our much in demand feeders. Once again my attempts to grab a photo failed miserably partly due to the fading light as it was mid-afternoon when I saw it.

No comments: